What is a DICOM Gobbler?
- It lives in the system tray;
- It watches for DICOM CDs and DVDs;
- It offers to import all DICOM instances to your local PACS;
- It hides back into the tray as it imports; and
- It’s ready to be installed!
We are happy to announce that DICOM Gobbler is now ready for general use.
DICOM Gobbler was born thanks to a request from Bonita Community Health Center — one of our oldest customers. John at Bonita asked for a DICOM import utility that is unobtrusive, easy-to-use, and can decompress proprietary formats, like JPEG2000, to make them compatible with their older Merge PACS viewer.
An alpha version of Gobbler was released in mid-2016, and since then it has already been deployed in five continents, including at a cardiology centre in Brazil, a hospital in Israel, and dental x-ray facilities in Australia and China.
If you’d like to learn a little more about Gobbler, then please
or, if you’re the impatient type, then